Friday, September 6, 2024

Fade to …..

The Author - Selfie on the West Rim


The past two nights have quieted down. After a flurry of activity on vacation - I feel a little more at ease. Thursday morning only a short anxiety dream that dealt with looking for my car keys - that theme working its way back in. We set off on a two hour ride to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. The canyon had always been on my list of places to visit. We spent nearly four hours there, with three stops - the last was the best getting some humongous fry bread tacos in the small western town set up at Hualapai Point.

    I was sure that my fear of heights would manifest in a nightmare this morning - nothing. The vaguest of dreams leaked through,  I was looking across the street at another building from the one that I was in. In my old neighborhood, we could see what people were doing inside their apartments. That’s what this felt like. A female voice next to me said “We can see what the other people are doing” I nodded agreement. The feeling was like someone probing my memories, maybe from childhood when I looked out the window for entertainment. The voice sounded like an innocent child, in need of stimulation but lacking any experiential knowledge of our reality. I could go on and on with strange theories about what might have transpired, but I’ll leave it alone.

I did try to make friends with the local Ravens at Eagle point, in hopes that one would gift me a feather. They were too concerned with getting handouts, my niece supplied them several times. I left without a feather. 


Ravens having a rest. Photo: Author



No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things...

     After the red-eye flight back home to Charlotte on Sunday, my sleep patterns were disrupted. September had come in with the New Moon an...