Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Meet Me in St Louis

 


    In the dream that woke me up around 1:10am this morning, I was on the field for some reason at a night baseball game. It wasn't raining but the condition of the warning track near Homeplate was muddy, the batter was trying to walk up for his turn and was sinking in with each step. (Second dream in a row about mud) The catcher was also having a hard time waiting in the crouch position, water was beginning to bubble up from below and sinkholes were forming. I could easily tell that the two teams playing were the NY Mets vs the ST Louis Cardinals - the Mets were in their visiting gray uniforms. The crowd became anxious - the clamor of voices became intensified since no one on the field or the stadium announcer knew what was going on. A woman screams from the upper deck and a flood burst into the stadium, completely covering the field in seconds, players wisely climbed up into the stands instead of retreating into the tunnels behind the dugouts. Some of the players stayed on the field, caught in the current trying to swim to the sides - I was also swimming to escape the current, the water was unbelievably warm. 
    My perspective changes, now I'm a fan trying to get away, I climb through a small hatch in one of the walls in the stands and come out into a well-lit theater. This puzzles me because everyone is seated as if waiting for a school performance to begin, no one seems to be concerned about the flooded stadium. For some reason the urgency to leave the first area brought with it the fear of being taken away in the flood, but the next location wasn't under the same threat. I'm panicked because the people are oblivious to what's coming - I don't want to yell "A flood is coming" inside a packed auditorium, that would be the job of the emcee to make the announcement to leave in an orderly fashion. I calmly walk to the exit door and a blond woman opens the door for me, waving me to come on before the announcement. I follow her through the door and wake up in the darkness of my bedroom.

    This morning, I needed to know if Busch Stadium was in a flood zone - so I did the necessary due diligence - they built the stadium just above a flood zone close to the Mississippi river. Last year I predicted the World Series winning team by accident before the season, maybe the Mets have a chance? The Mets are in ST Louis in May - the area gets the most rain historically IN THAT MONTH...

A few minutes later I decide to get back to sleep around 1:20am, checking my watch before closing my eyes. 

    I'm walking a hospital corridor in some official capacity. My route through the floor is direct, I know which room I'm headed to but don't know what bed in the shared room the person I'm looking for is located. An "assistant" or companion is with me talking about the brother and sister... the conversation trails off as I open the door and walk in. I look at the two patients on the left side of the room, one male, the other female. Directing my question to the female I ask "Ingrid Coldon?" the woman doesn't respond or dare point to the other side of the large room - I begin to turn to my right to pose the question again... I wake up again.

Checking the time, I had been asleep only ten minutes.

The last dream of this morning was very short, lasting only three minutes from what I can tell from the data recorded on my Apple Watch. 

    I'm in a kitchen inside an apartment that resembles the one from the movie "The Matrix" where the Oracle is baking cookies for Neo. The woman who is baking a cake resembles Esther Rolle from "Good Times" - she's busy preparing several dishes at a time but forgets to set the timer for the cake. I'm in the kitchen only observing, maybe a spirit or her internal thought process... I remind her about The Cake. Visibly upset she quickly pulls oven mitts on, worried that the cake is ruined and puts it on top of the counter on a trivet to cool off. The cake is sizzling, the woman's face is the picture of dismay, having forgotten a simple thing. I tell her not to worry that the cake is fine, but she decides to test the cake - picking up a piece she cut off and handing it to me - so I am actually in the room. I bite into the most delicious piece of cake, butter cream and chocolate. The flavors of the cake are all I can think of as the woman begins preparing to bake another.

I wake up.

This morning, I check the name that came to me in the dream Hospital. A name closest is associated with a missing persons case, but the name I said had no hits to a real person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Change to Channel

     Yesterday in a Tweet made by yours truly, I declared a bit of boredom at the job. My position is office coordinator, but in reality mor...