Monday, March 25, 2024

Mud Men

    


Used without permission
Boiling Mud Pit


    For most of the dream I was having this morning everything revolved around being inside an office building, the atmosphere in the hallways was darkened, like the feel you get playing some horror-style games where a jump-scare is anticipated around every corner. This building reminded me of the many dream hotels I've "visited" in the past. Riding up the elevator, I wasn't alone, several people rode up with me to the "office" area where my desk was. On the opposite corner of this office, my coworker was in her cubicle trying to finish up before heading home. I offered to help her with the checks she was printing off and inserting into envelopes to mail out. She was appreciative and showed me how to fold each sheet of paper on the perforation. For some reason I couldn't fold the paper correctly and was having the worst time, the paper felt like onion-skin - delicate to the touch and I remarked that my sausage fingers were making a mess of things.

    The checks she was printing out at her desk were elaborate, reminding me of official documents or certificates - this small detail caught my attention as I tried desperately to help with the last few envelopes. Work was slow-going, my mind was set on making perfect folds on the paper but every time the fold was incorrect. My coworker laid down in a bed that was next to her desk - somehow this feature wasn't there before but since she was tired of waiting for me to finish the task - she fell asleep. Finally, I got the hang of the folding and stuffing of the envelopes, finishing of the stack that was left for me. I turned to see my coworker wrapped up tight in the bed - I had been working for hours and it was way past time for us to leave. Gently I moved over to her and tried waking her up softly so not to surprise her out of a dream. She woke up on the third attempt and I said "Time to go" she turned over, reaching her hand for the night table where she left her drink. I grabbed the glass first for her and took a sip by mistake, tasting a creamy cocoanut flavor. I apologized for tasting her drink, she nodded that it was fine. There were three chocolate chip cookies on the table next to the shot-glass that miraculously filled back up.

    We left the building into the night; I think that we rode the same elevator down but wasn't sure because it was as if we were already walking in a neighborhood "close to home" on a brownstone lined street. A commotion near the park caught my attention. My coworker shifted off to the side and became a shadow, or not particularly necessary for the next scene ahead. Some teenage boys were gathered around what looked like a giant portal or well that was at least 12ft around. In the center was a pit of mud or clay that was pulsing and moving - my first impression was that they had pranked one of their friends, dumping him in the mud. The reality of the scene was more nightmarish as the indeterminable figure rose up out of the mud and clay like a giant Golem. The teen boys fled the scene, I was more shocked into disbelief while watching the mud-man rise up to full height. The ogre sized figure pulled a big clump of mud out and plopping it on its right shoulder that wasn't completely formed, fixing itself whole.

    Next the pile decided it needed a companion for whatever quest it was to begin, it reached down into the mud-bog once again and pulled up a boulder-sized clump of clay that immediately wriggled into the form of another similar being except maybe child sized in comparison. The larger one lifted the now realized miniature onto its shoulder and began walking out of the area - whatever direction or mission it was on did not concern dealing with me - I was totally ignored as it head off in the same direction the teens had run off to.

    These mud beings had spoken their names to me when I asked, but I couldn't remember them when I woke up.

Yesterday

I posted this on Twitter (X) yesterday:

4:25am… Woman’s voice: “Oh Look!” I wake up, pull out my earplugs to take a look. Nothing. Go back to sleep.

Knights in White Spandex    

    After falling asleep again there was a shorter dream that I wanted to post but decided that I would spend the day not thinking about the dream or what it might mean.

    I was a superhero again. This time wearing my signature full-body Spandex attire - a direct rip-off of the white Power Ranger. After a battle or some other activity that was prior to my injection fully into this dream, I had flown to my hotel room to clean up and shower. The room was a mess. My stuff was everywhere, this causes me to evaluate my values and adherence to the superhero code. I need time for myself. Unfortunately for me I was late for check-out, forgetting that I hadn't extended my stay. The room was getting cleaned up for the next check-in. I had to rush to gather my things into the suitcase. Some construction workers were already arriving, the had rented my room - I didn't know what was going on but nothing made sense. Now I couldn't find my suit because I had quickly disrobed and dumped it into the pile of clothes I needed to wash before I got into the shower. Finally, I get my stuff together and find my outfit (Easier to grab my suitcase and fly out to another city) putting it on in the bathroom and I look at myself in the floor length mirror behind the door - chuckling because I look like a Power Ranger and notice how buff I am...

I wake up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Change to Channel

     Yesterday in a Tweet made by yours truly, I declared a bit of boredom at the job. My position is office coordinator, but in reality mor...