Friday, March 22, 2024

RUN

 

Property of Walt Disney


    For over a week I've been having much better sleep. A way that I gauge good sleep is the data I get from my Apple Watch and the strong compulsion to remember any dreams that I've had overnight. Recently I finished reading "The Red Book" by C.G. Jung which took more time than I expected. The writing is more twisty, and full of concepts and references to other works that I wasn't familiar with. This book ended up being research and study for me, having the desirable effect of breaking my nightly, inward concentration (I'm still not "done" with the book and may dive back in again?) to the point that I've been able to turn my back on recent dreams. They're slowly becoming background noise - as they should. Reading is definitely immersion for me - I sometimes come out of a book feeling like the main character, having to debrief myself or turn my attention to other things. Picking up Joseph Campbell's "The Hero With a Thousand Faces", another book worthy of study (Yes, I saw certain words in it that kind of put me off) definitely will take me some time to finish - I'm using it to decompress from Jung actually.
    
You didn't come here for my reading list though.

    A dream that puzzled me the other morning was seeing one of my best friends in the world, Alex dressed in a tailored suit - he was built like a model and could take any European cut suit off the rack and walk out the door - WITH the approval of the tailor. I didn't think anything of the dream until I tried analyzing it (Damn you JUNG!) thinking it meant he might be meeting his end soon. So rather than press the issue and try to recall the situation from the dream, I let it go.

You came here for the title - and Donald Duck Right?

    This morning, I was in a dream and watching someone draw Donald Duck, it was clearly the character on paper which caught my interest - one of my dad's favorite cartoons. I knew in the dream that I wasn't drawing because the black pencil was in the right hand of the artist. I'm a lefty. The character being drawn was in an action pose, Donald was positioned as if he were coming at you, losing his cool as usual. This was interesting for a few seconds; my attention was taken away, ready to move onto something else... a tap on my shoulder brought my attention back to the page, the artist had finished the drawing wanting me to see. There was the fully finished character now, with a spiky word balloon under Donald with the warning exclamation inside - RUN! My attention is drawn into the word, that I CAN READ and realize that the character has become animated... I wake up.
    
    Another warning from beyond? Most of my dreams are like drop-in scenarios making me swear the action is oftentimes running in the background until I literally take the leap or am dropped into the frame, when the action level or excitement is at a peak. I try to ignore the image; it pops back into my head. Checking my watch its only 1:15 - great. This means at least one more drop-in for tonight and the compulsion to write about it.
    
    The second dream is running in my head before 5:30, a fragment - whatever the action was - is over. I'm on an immense transport platform, flying high over the landscape with Professor Xavier and some lesser-known X-Men (Marvel Comics) - THIS catches my attention. The vehicle lands at our destination, presumably the new hidden lair because the last one was destroyed in the last battle (typical). The ship wasn't the usual "Blackbird" but a mind-controlled craft whose name didn't factor into the dream (Possibly "Sanctuary" but that might have been the name of the base - Edit) My concern, as one of the newer X-Men was the fate of the children that we rescued, at least several hundred now resided on the craft, needing at least temporary lodging at the new base. I pleaded my case with the Professor, knowing that one of the buildings - a large unused air hangar at the base, could be easily retrofitted to accommodate the children and provide what they needed. With his blessing, I rallied up the other heroes, together we were able to set up dormitories, a kitchen, recreation rooms, a gym, and classrooms. There was a jump in the dream, everything is going smooth, no excitement - just peace.

    I wake up, knowing all too well that I would be spending an hour before leaving to work - trying to tap this blog entry out on my laptop. 

Why did "Tricky" choose Donald Duck? Cartoons were the theme this time. Oh yeah - full moon on the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Change to Channel

     Yesterday in a Tweet made by yours truly, I declared a bit of boredom at the job. My position is office coordinator, but in reality mor...