Friday, April 19, 2024

Skating on Thin Nice - April 12

Photo from Rincon, PR bar by Author

    

    As far as originality goes, I think my dream state is finally looking for new ideas. This morning I woke up from another transitional dream, speed was of the essence - taking me from one location to another while riding on roller skates. I’m not really good on skates, pedestrian at best. Earlier this week I may have watched a few quick videos of skateboarders going down hill really fast. Figuring out where I got the fuel for this dream wasn’t hard at all, what makes it more surprising is the actual rush of speeding on skates and seeing the action from several vantage points.

    My destination became secondary - the speed was reaching my limit of  comfort into the extreme. The road led nowhere, because I woke up. Later in the morning the dream was about conflict. Falling back to sleep I was trying to remember something from earlier - total blank out. The conflict began without my influence, two men were squaring up, I had to intervene. One of the men happened to be my nephew who is also with us on this vacation with his girlfriend. The man he was having issue with was a 6’9” basketball player from a University - built like Shaquille O’Neal. My nephew knows his College basketball and began reading the player his rights, this did not go over well with the guy. Heated but not yet going to blows, I was able to step in - it almost seemed like both men didn’t really want to grapple due to the disparity of height, but the conversation was reaching a tipping point. Wedging myself in between the two I reluctantly placed my hand on the bigger man’s chest - knowing full well things could get ugly for me real soon. With me as the buffer, the two men continued the disagreement. My nephew was gaining the upper hand and bringing the larger man down to earth, making the basketball player realize that he may have been hasty with his reasoning. Arguments, conflict, why must I always play the mediator?

This entry was made during vacation - I didn’t get to finish till today. 4/19/24

April 18 - Remnants

    Several remnants of dreams poked through in what I thought was a relatively calm morning. After the usual bathroom trip at around 2am this time, I started dreaming a romantic scene of just laying in bed clothed, with a woman. This woman was familiar, not my wife - a sense that I knew her maybe as M.A.R.T.H.A. There was a difference though - the fact that by the end of the interaction her face began to change made me suspect Tricky. Playfully caressing the woman I looked at her and realized she looked like Ariana Grande… Surprise almost brought me out of the dream but I felt urged to continue the march toward foreplay. I think she was upset with me, pushing my hand away so I stopped. Asking her “What’s wrong?” I couldn’t even get to ask if she loved me before she broke things off by telling me “This is how it’s going to be” standing up and leaving me in the bed - her face was already changing as she left the room. Emotionally, I was confused almost repeating her words… This is how it’s going to be…

    The next dream involved another car trip, this time my wife’s uncle was going through the car looking for something that he eventually found - a box of cookies. He complained that his wife must have hidden them from him. Feeling victorious of having found his prize he offered me one. Before I could refuse or grab the offering from him, he shoved the enormous soft-baked treat into my mouth. I was sitting in the passenger seat, he turns around and begins to drive. Munching on the cookie, I sit back and enjoy the ride.

    I’m with my good friend Frankie, he was looking at a piece of driftwood I brought back from my Puerto Rico trip (Dream incorporation) and when he tipped it over while examining it, a bunch of sand came out onto the table. We laugh after making the mess, awkwardly trying to contain the flow of sand from the piece of wood. I leave the apartment, walking towards the Subway train - a similar walk that I’ve taken hundreds of times. I’m in a different neighborhood that the elevated trains runs through. A familiar person is standing just underneath the elevated tracks - at first my mind didn’t make the connection, but as I walked closer it was then that I realized that she was the Asian pre-teen school-girl that was on the train with me in another dream. I woke up.

    Awake, I double check the image of the young girl to see if maybe my consciousness inserted her there. No, it was the same girl, I’m going around full-circle with my dreams again. The girl was waiting to cross the street, standing like a signpost - something familiar to remind me that there is still work to do in the dream world.

April 19 - The HAG Redux

    Yesterday I was being frisky with a beautiful young woman, this morning it was the HAG. This entity or manifestation of whatever dark desires that lay hidden within the shadowy corners of my Freudian mind, helped unleash me from this self imposed imprisonment. I was thrown into coupling with this being, usually represented by an enormous volume of obese flesh - something that doesn’t matter to me in the heat of the moment. Paralysis used to follow these encounters, but gradually over the years I have accepted these amorous advances without any ill effect. Merging with this dark and unappealing desire within me makes the nightmares go away, I haven’t talked about running from some kind of dream danger or another in a while.

    Later on after I woke up, surprised yet not really, about interacting with the HAG again - especially since yesterday I had the encounter with Tricky/Martha and seeing the schoolgirl again meant that these signposts are valid excuses to grab my attention for the next few days at least.

    Falling asleep again there were a series of dreams that I couldn’t remember unless of course I was just watching again. We get out of our seats, the show is over and we begin following the crowd out of the theater. The theater is one of the signposts. I’m with my youngest and one of their friends - they naturally walk ahead as I’m just shambling along before I catch my gait. The kids decide to leave the theater via a different method, not using revolving door they side-step through the wide open door that leads into the parking deck (The Parking deck is another signpost). The parking deck has ramps but no elevator to get to where your “car” is parked. We begin walking up the ramps and my kid walks into the wall, smashing their face. I’m far enough behind them that I think they did this on purpose to prank me, but I see my kid wiggle their front tooth from under the fat upper lip. I see a spot of blood on the white painted wall…

I wake up it’s 5:30am. This morning’s journey is over, I get up to take my medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Change to Channel

     Yesterday in a Tweet made by yours truly, I declared a bit of boredom at the job. My position is office coordinator, but in reality mor...