Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Vacation

 

Our “Home” for the week

    The first night in this vacation Air BnB brought with it serious island vibes to my dreams. Although our consciousness feeds our unconscious with visual cues and association by just being there - along with past experiential data - nothing is more validating than having a weird dream about the location you are currently in.
***
Last night, I thought there was a weird occurrence almost an hour after I went to bed - there was a noise I thought was in the room, but since I was wearing the earplugs I couldn’t tell. Puerto Rico has frequent earthquakes that can be felt all over the Island. I thought the sound was a temblor. Then I spot the closet door open in the gloom.
Haunted? Closet door I swore opened itself
    The next part of my investigation made more sense, the two mirrored doors are unbalanced - If you don’t pull both all the way out, one side will slide back on its own. Spooky. One last part to check since we arrived at night and had no reference or the lay of the land, I look out the window on the left and spot this at the neighboring home:
    A creepy doll on the fence looking up at the window - there was another doll that I didn’t spot at first covered by the tree. I went down to get a better look and a picture of both together.
Suspicious Dolls Facing the House

    Definitely a creepy vibe from these two looking up at the window of the room I’m sleeping in. This development made every rational excuse I came up with during my investigation go flying out the window - especially with my knowledge of the superstition and mystical practices here on the Island of Puerto Rico. These two dolls might be troublesome. Or not.

    About the dreams. I couldn’t parse them out like I normally would. A pudgy looking kid was with me for several “scenes” his appearance was throwing me off keeping me from being hyper aware of what else was going on. All I know it was nighttime. I meet with a guy and do a favor for him, again the instance was just him thanking me with a handshake after the task was done - I had no reference point about what I had done. Later I remembered something about looking for lizards with the odd child. It was weird because the scenery reminded me of Puerto Rico even though I just got here. Leave it to the power of suggestion from my own mind and expectations to use that fact for the setting. The little boy decided he wanted to look for lizards at night. We were outdoors near an open park,  the lampposts were illuminating the night just enough for walking along the path. The boy walked in the direction of a dark stand of bushes and trees that the lizards would be congregating. Before reaching the target he began to belly crawl almost imitating the movements of a lizard, I thought his behavior was slightly excessive until moments later he was able to capture not one, but two small green lizards. 
***
    Waking up, my night wasn’t very restful. The dreams weren’t too upsetting or filled with the usual nightmare business. Today I continued my investigation of the “Haunted” closet and dolls, chalking up everything to imagination - yet I want to keep an open mind. We did get a visit from two lizards, one a medium-sized green one and a giant one that nobody was able to take a picture of before it hightailed it out of here.
Green Lizard

April 9, 2024

This morning:
“Quincy!”
    I was inside a dream for a few minutes, this one wasn’t too obvious for me to remember except for the voice that exclaimed the name of a person or place as if a detective had solved a riddle all of a sudden. Waking up, I couldn’t figure out the meaning of what was being conveyed. There are times that I get a word or a name and it just leads me on a hunt via the internet to find some validation. I’ve had some validation on several occasions and other leads don’t pan out - this one didn’t either - except for the Detective from television and the original Quincy in Massachusetts this one will be a blank.
    Back to sleep I get the sensation of going on a trip via rail - one of my favorite modes of dream transportation. Someone was urging me onto the train or mine cart? I could see the track. The new metaphor needed me to see that we would be changing quickly - the ride was getting faster we hit one switch, crossing over to another track and then another switch only seconds later jolted us on to the next track. Too much action. I woke up again puzzled by the suggestion that I would be in for a wild ride.
    The wild ride can happen at any point for me personally from 3am to 5am, and beyond. Hypnogogia for me is a battle for sleep and wakefulness, the more interesting the nightmare is, the longer my mind becomes engaged, keeping me there for the resolution or leaving me wanting more. 
    A crowded city somewhere. Commotion from people screaming - a child has been run over by a bus or parade truck and is caught underneath in the axle. I’m horrified as the seemingly lifeless form of a girl hanging upside down underneath the truck pushes me and the crowd into action. Africa or India is my first reaction to the people trying to lift the truck, at least fifty or more struggling with the weight of… kids on the truck. At first the cargo looked like luggage, then everything changes again and it’s a load of children - the girl must have fallen or been pushed off the overloaded conveyance. The struggle to lift the truck with the weight of the human payload was a lopsided affair, a lack of common sense. I rushed in yelling to the kids to jump off and to help each other off before the men tried lifting the truck high enough to remove the girl as safe as possible. Time was running out for us, urgency was losing to panic and indecision. Yelling at the top of my lungs I summoned a booming voice that brought everyone to a halt - then the crowd started moving as a unit, kids jumping down being helped by the adults, the strongest men moving into position. The truck begins to lift up and I’m moving closer to help. I wake up again, driven by the urge to go to the bathroom. 

On a side note, my nephew and his girlfriend asked while I was at the pool if we had heard some weird laughing last night - she said the laugh sounded like a witch or something. I said “Could have been some drunk locals passing by the front of the house or maybe the neighbor - by the way, did you see the weird dolls on the fence next door?”

They checked it out and weren’t amused.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Change to Channel

     Yesterday in a Tweet made by yours truly, I declared a bit of boredom at the job. My position is office coordinator, but in reality mor...