Monday, June 24, 2024

Robbin' The Hood

    

A most welcomed thief

    The most peculiar thing happened in the dream this morning. Firstly, I had a short dream before waking up at 12:30 AM; even though I remembered it when I woke up, this morning another one came through and overshadowed it completely. What was so odd about the one from this morning is the location - my home here on the outskirts of Charlotte. Usually my dreams are located in NYC or the fictional Chicago (I've NEVER visited) and save for a few random dreams that happened here this one made me feel uneasy and defenseless.

    I'm in bed asleep during the dream, and wake up. I check my apple watch and the time is 4:45 This is happening in the dream, I checked my app this morning and I was asleep at the time - in the middle of a dream... and open my security cam app to check for movement outside - something didn't feel right. There is a man walking in-between mine and my neighbors house and he is carrying several stalks of my wife's Canna Lily's - this pisses me off that thieves are ripping out the garden. One thing I didn't notice while watching the clip was the camera angle was wrong, but the night vision displayed correctly on screen. Light was coming through my bedroom door I step out and my son is playing video games with a few of his friends When I went to bed last night he WAS in the living room alone playing on his PS5 - I ask him "Didn't you hear the alert that someone was outside?" my son responds "We can't do anything, they have a bunch of people with attack dogs with them..." I grumble to myself and take a look. Sure enough there were several pick-up trucks out front and one parked in the backyard on my hill, several massive and scary looking Pit Bull Terriers kept all of the neighbors at bay while their masters continue ripping up plants and tossing them in the back of their trucks. These dogs are charcoal gray with spiked collars and massive heads. At least five massive dogs that were either from the same litter or clones. 

    Looking out of the back sliding door I was tempted to engage the guy parked up on the hill, but one of the dogs jumped at me through the exposed glass - menacing me to back away with deep throaty barks while in the defensive stance. My first thought was this is the kind of situation that I need a gun... The dream knew that I don't have a firearm at home for protection. These thieves were pulling up every bush and decorative plant they could find. I watch as they pull the flowering bushes from my neighbors porch tossing them into the trucks out front. Finally when they're done uprooting the two houses the dogs jumped up into the back of the truck bed and passenger seat while their masters clamber back into the trucks. I run out to confront them as they are pulling away. My neighbor is crying that her garden is trashed. "What gives you the right to terrorize people in their own homes!" I ask the long haired guy in the passenger seat wearing a John Deere trucker hat. He casually looks at me and says "Nobody cain't really do nothin'... " in a southern accent. The truck peels out. With nothing I could do or say I shout out "Oh so I'm going to call you Robbin Hood!" comically out of frustration. I'm thinking to myself "Why didn't anyone think to call the cops?"

    The dream ends and I wake up checking the time on my apple watch it's 5:05 AM and I'm fully aware of the dream.  For the most part, this dream seemed to happen in real-time, aligned with time in the waking world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things...

     After the red-eye flight back home to Charlotte on Sunday, my sleep patterns were disrupted. September had come in with the New Moon an...